- Seoul National University
(Interdisciplinary program in agriculture biotechnology, PhD)
■ Research Area
1. Development of carbohydrate-based new nanocarriers
2. Complex formation capability with functional guest molecules
3. Exploration of molecular structural interactions of functional complexes
■ Recent Publications
1. Jiwoon Park, Shin-Joung Rho, Yong-Ro Kim (2019) Enhancing antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of carnosic acid in rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) extract by complexation with cyclic glucans. Food chemistry, 299, 125119.
2. Hye Rin Park, Shin-Joung Rho, Yong-Ro Kim (2019) Solubility, stability, and bioaccessibility improvement of curcumin ncapsulated using 4-α-glucanotransferase-modified rice starch with reversible pH-induced aggregation property. Food Hydrocolloid,, 95, 19-32.
3. Shin-Joung Rho, Saehun Mun, Jung Sun Hong, Young-Lim Kim, Ha V. Do, Young-Wan Kim, Sang-Ik Han, Yong-Ro Kim. (2017) Physicochemical interactions of cycloamylose with phenolic compounds, Carbohydrate Polymers, 174, 980-989.
■ Research highlight
After enzymatic treatment of starch to produce nanocarrier, encapsulation with insoluble and unstable functional materials is used to investigate the intermolecular interaction, bioaccessibility, and bioavailability.